General Knowledge Questions for Kids (Age 4-7 yrs)
If you are a parent and looking for General Knowledge ( GK) questions for your kids to practice with your child, you are at the right website. Here you will find a collection of General Knowledge (GK ) questions for kids in the age group 4-7 years. In India, all these topics are covered in Kindergarten and Grade 1.
There can never be a complete list of General Knowledge (GK) questions as there is infinite knowledge around us. This post covers the basic GK questions that a child should know for the age group 4-7 years. Some of the questions mentioned here may seem too easy for students in grade 1 but it is always good to revise.
To keep practicing is the key to excelling in GK. Start off with the questions we have gathered for you. Take it at a child’s pace. Improving general knowledge should be a fun exercise for any child. It should not be forced. It should be done in moderation and suitable for the age group.
List of General Knowledge (GK) Questions for Kids between Age 4-7 Years
I have categorized the General Knowledge (GK) Questions for Kids according to the following broad categories.
- Indian National Symbols
- Community Helpers
- Body Parts
- Solar System
[ps2id id=’indiannationalsymbols’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Indian National Symbols
1.How many colors do you find in India’s national flag?
2. What is the National Flower of India?
3. What is the National Tree of India?
Answer: Banyan Tree
4. What is the National Bird of India?
5. What is the National Fruit of India?
6. What is the National Animal of India?
7. What is the National Sport of India?
8. What is the Currency of India?
9. What is the National Anthem of India?
Answer: Jana Gana Mann
10. What is the National Song of India?
Answer: Vande Mataram
[ps2id id=’shapes’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Shapes
11. How many sides are there in a Triangle?
12. How many sides are there in a Square?
13. How many sides are there in a Rectangle?
14. How many sides are there in a Circle?
15. How many sides are there in a Pentagon?
16. How many sides are there in Hexagon?
17. How many sides are there in a Heptagon?
18. How many sides are there in an Octagon?
19. What is the shape of a Wheel ?
20. What is the shape of a pizza slice?
21. What is the shape where all four sides are of same length?
22. Most eggs are of what shape?
23. What is the shape of a kite?
[ps2id id=’continents’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Continents
24. How many continents are there in the world?
25, Name all the continents in the world.
Answer: Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, Antartica
26. Name the biggest continent in the world?
27. Name the smallest continent in the world?
28. Which continent is called the white continent?
29. In which continent is India located?
[ps2id id=’festivals’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Festivals
Image Source: 123rf
30. Which festival is the Festival of Lights?
31. Which festival is the Festival of Colors?
32. Which festival is related to Jesus Christ and Santa Claus?
33. Which festival is celebrated on Birthday of Krishna?
34. On which festival sisters tie a sacred thread on their brother’s wrist ?
Answer: Raksha Bandhan
35. At which festival we fly kites?
Answer: Makar Sakranti
[ps2id id=’communityhelpers’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Community Helpers
36. Who grows our food?
37. Who bakes cakes?
38. Who fixes taps?
39. Who flies airplanes?
40. Who helps to put out the fire?
41. Who helps you when you are sick?
[ps2id id=’animals’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Animals
42. How many arms does an Octopus have?
43. What is a baby frog called?
44. What is a baby cat called?
45. What is a baby dog called?
46. What is a baby lion called?
47. What is a baby duck called?
48. What is a baby sheep called?
49. Where does a pig live?
50. Where does a Lion live?
51. Where does a Horse live?
52. Where does a Cow live?
53. Where does a rabbit live?
54. Name the largest animal in the world.
Answer: Blue whale
55. Name the largest animal living on land.
Answer: African elephant
56. Which is the smallest bird ?
Answer: Humming Bird
57. Which is the tallest animal in the world?
58. What animal says “Moo”?
59. What animal says “Oink” ?
60. What animal says “quack quack”?
[ps2id id=’bodyparts’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Body Parts
61. How many fingers do you have?
62. How many toes do you have?
63. What part of the body helps you to see?
64. What part of the body helps you to smell?
65. What part of our body helps you to hear?
66. What part of the body helps you to taste?
67. What part of the body helps you to feel/touch?
[ps2id id=’solarsystem’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Solar System
68. How many planets do we have in our solar system?
69. On which planet do we live?
70. Name the hottest planet in the solar system
71. Which planet is closest to the sun?
72. Name our solar system’s largest planet?
73. Name the planet which has rings around it?
74. Which planet is called the Blue Planet?
75. Which Planet is called the Red Planet?
[ps2id id=’colors’ target=”/]
General Knowledge Questions on Colors
77. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
78. What is the color of brinjal?
[ps2id id=’misc’ target=”/]
Miscellaneous General Knowledge Questions
79. How many days are there in a week?
80. How many months a year has?
81. How many days are there in a year?
Answer: 365 (not a leap year)
82. What is the capital of India?
Answer: New Delhi
83. What is a house made of ice called?
I hope you find the list of General Knowledge (GK) Questions for Kids between the ages 4-7 Years helpful.
We also have fun science experiments that you can try with your kids. Please check.